This pages lists the formal scientific output produced by the Green Bubbles team. It consists of publications in scientific journals, communications to congresses and meetings, as well as technical reports. The Open Access versions of our publications are also collected in Zenodo, the repository of Open Science. Enjoy reading!
Publications in scientific journals
– Pieri M, Cialoni D, Marroni A. Continuous real-time monitoring and recording of glycemia during scuba diving: pilot study. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2016 May-June 43(3): 265-272. Read it in Zenodo here.
– Cialoni D, Pieri M, Giunchi G, Sponsiello N, Lanzone AM, Torcello L, Boaretto G, Marroni M. Detection of venous gas emboli after repetitive breath-hold divers: case report. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2016 July-Sept,Vol. 43, No. 4, 449-455. Read it here.
– Lucrezi S, Milanese M, Markantonatou V, Cerrano C, Sarà A, Palma M, Saayman M. Scuba diving tourism systems and sustainability: Perceptions by the scuba diving industry in two Marine Protected Areas. Tourism Management 59: 385-403. Read it in Zenodo here.
Communications to congresses and meetings
– Previati M, De Cantis S, Milanese M, Cerrano C. Ocean Literacy in Italian high schools. Where do we stand? European Marine Science Educators Association (EMSEA) Conference 2015 (28th September – 1st October 2015, Crete, Greece).
– Marroni A, Pieri M, Cialoni D, Bastiani D, Covelli A. The Diver Safety Guardian: a further supporting tool for MPA diving activity and safety Mediterranean Marine Protected Areas. From threats on the ecosystems to management CIESM committee VI. 1st workshop Ancona, 15 – 17 October, 2015.
– Altepe C, Yavuz C, Pieri M, Egi B, Cialoni D, Marroni A, EGI SM, Ozyigit T. Diver classification using clustering analysis. 9th International Symposium on Underwater Research, 15 November 2015, Kemer, Turkey.
– Zingaretti S, Panebianco L, Altepe C, Egi M, Palma M, Pantaleo U, Memisoglu M, Ferraris D, Scaradozzi D. An innovative and flexible Android based platform for an underwater scooter to acquire data from the marine environment. 9th International Symposium on Underwater Research, 15 November 2015, Kemer, Turkey.
– Pieri M, Cialoni D, Balestra C, Marroni A. Possible risk factor correlated with decompression illness: analysis of DAN Europe DSL database. 9th International Symposium on Underwater Research, 15 November 2015, Kemer, Turkey.
– Marroni A, Pieri M, Cialoni D, Bastiani D, Covelli A. Real-time underwater glycaemia monitoring and recording during scuba diving. 9th International Symposium on Underwater Research, 15 November 2015, Kemer, Turkey.
– Palma M, Pantaleo U, Ferraris D, Scaradozzi D, Cerrano C. Underwater photomosaics: New tools for faster benthic assessments and long-term monitoring. Second European Conference on Scientific Diving.
– Yavuz C, Ozyigit T, Pieri M, EGI SM, Egi B, Altepe KC, Cialoni D, Marroni A. Data mining on Divers Alert Network DSL database, Phase 1: Classification of Divers. 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, June 9-11 Las Vegas USA.
– Makumbirofa S. Assessing divers’ willingness to pay for user fees in the Portofino Marine Protected Area. 5th QAUTEM Programme, Quantitative Approaches in Tourism Economics and Management. 25-26 August 2016, Potchefstroom, SA. Read the abstract here.
– Du Plessis E, Saayman M. What makes scuba diving operations successful? Annual Conference of the International Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism, Malta, 28-31 August 2016.
– Cialoni D, Pieri M, Egi M, Balestra C. Marroni A. Gradient factor and decompression sickness: Final analysis of DAN Europe DSL Data Base. 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the European Underwater & Baromedical Society, 13-16 September 2016, Geneva, Switzerland.
– Cialoni C, Pieri M, Giunchi G, Lanzone AM, Sponsiello N, Marroni A. Detection of venous gas emboli after repetitive breath hold dives in a Taravana case. 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the European Underwater & Baromedical Society, 13-16 September 2016, Geneva, Switzerland.
– Altepe C, Ozyigit T, Egi MS, Pierleoni P. Underwater breathing monitoring and breathing emergency detection system for scuba divers. 10th Symposium on Underwater Research, 16-18 December 2016, Samsun, Turkey.
– Nascimento P, Kovacs MH, Farias SA, Calvi L. Citizen Science and sacrifice: Italian divers experience in sustainability research. Sumbitted to: Value Creation in Media Markets: Business Models, Clusters and Ecosystems, 11-12 May 2017.